Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
NY Schools Must Have AEDs on Campus Starting Today
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – Starting today, schools in New York State must have automated external defibrillators on site.
The devices can help save someone in cardiac arrest.
Dave Ernst of the New York State School Board Association says while his group applauds the mandate from a public health standpoint, they wish the state had given districts more warning.
The state legislature passed the AED mandate after districts had shored up their budgets.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more from Dave Ernst about the AED mandate.