Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
NY Schools Must Have AEDs on Campus Starting Today
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – Starting today, schools in New York State must have automated external defibrillators on site.
The devices can help save someone in cardiac arrest.
Dave Ernst of the New York State School Board Association says while his group applauds the mandate from a public health standpoint, they wish the state had given districts more warning.
The state legislature passed the AED mandate after districts had shored up their budgets.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more from Dave Ernst about the AED mandate.