Most Active Stories
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport is looking west for continued growth
- Very contagious respiratory virus affecting children expected to hit central New York soon
- Keeping cool: how to treat hot flashes
- Contagious respiratory virus hits three children in central New York
- Environmentalists gear up for weekend climate change march in New York City
More News From WRVO
NY Schools Must Have AEDs on Campus Starting Today
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – Starting today, schools in New York State must have automated external defibrillators on site.
The devices can help save someone in cardiac arrest.
Dave Ernst of the New York State School Board Association says while his group applauds the mandate from a public health standpoint, they wish the state had given districts more warning.
The state legislature passed the AED mandate after districts had shored up their budgets.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more from Dave Ernst about the AED mandate.