Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
More News From WRVO
NY Schools Must Have AEDs on Campus Starting Today
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – Starting today, schools in New York State must have automated external defibrillators on site.
The devices can help save someone in cardiac arrest.
Dave Ernst of the New York State School Board Association says while his group applauds the mandate from a public health standpoint, they wish the state had given districts more warning.
The state legislature passed the AED mandate after districts had shored up their budgets.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more from Dave Ernst about the AED mandate.