Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
More News From WRVO
NYS Plays Major Role in Developing New Medicine
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A new survey shows New York State is playing a major role in developing new cutting edge-medicine.
According to the survey by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, New York companies contributed six of the 26 new medicines approved by the Food and Drug Administration for patient use last year.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Senior Vice President for PhRMA, Ken Johnson, after he visited Bristol-Myers Squibb in Syracuse.