Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
More News From WRVO
NYS Plays Major Role in Developing New Medicine
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A new survey shows New York State is playing a major role in developing new cutting edge-medicine.
According to the survey by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, New York companies contributed six of the 26 new medicines approved by the Food and Drug Administration for patient use last year.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Senior Vice President for PhRMA, Ken Johnson, after he visited Bristol-Myers Squibb in Syracuse.