Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
NYS Plays Major Role in Developing New Medicine
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A new survey shows New York State is playing a major role in developing new cutting edge-medicine.
According to the survey by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, New York companies contributed six of the 26 new medicines approved by the Food and Drug Administration for patient use last year.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Senior Vice President for PhRMA, Ken Johnson, after he visited Bristol-Myers Squibb in Syracuse.