Most Active Stories
- Beginning of college marks transition period for students and parents
- North Country lawmaker, group, working to save Fort Drum jobs
- Syracuse University named top campus for LGBT students
- Classic midway prize missing from this year's state fair
- Teachout blasts Time Warner-Comcast merger, says she would stop it if elected
More News From WRVO
NYS Plays Major Role in Developing New Medicine
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A new survey shows New York State is playing a major role in developing new cutting edge-medicine.
According to the survey by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, New York companies contributed six of the 26 new medicines approved by the Food and Drug Administration for patient use last year.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Senior Vice President for PhRMA, Ken Johnson, after he visited Bristol-Myers Squibb in Syracuse.