Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
NYS Plays Major Role in Developing New Medicine
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A new survey shows New York State is playing a major role in developing new cutting edge-medicine.
According to the survey by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, New York companies contributed six of the 26 new medicines approved by the Food and Drug Administration for patient use last year.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Senior Vice President for PhRMA, Ken Johnson, after he visited Bristol-Myers Squibb in Syracuse.