Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
NYS Proposes Draft Regulation for Opening Burning
By Katherine Harrington
Oswego, NY – The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation is seeking public comment on draft regulations that address the opening burning of garbage by households or farms.
Environmentalists are pleased, but New York's farming community disagrees with the recommended changes. WRVO's Katherine Harrington reports.
( DEC officials are withholding commment until completion of the public comment period.)