Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
NYS Proposes Draft Regulation for Opening Burning
By Katherine Harrington
Oswego, NY – The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation is seeking public comment on draft regulations that address the opening burning of garbage by households or farms.
Environmentalists are pleased, but New York's farming community disagrees with the recommended changes. WRVO's Katherine Harrington reports.
( DEC officials are withholding commment until completion of the public comment period.)