Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
NYS Proposes Draft Regulation for Opening Burning
By Katherine Harrington
Oswego, NY – The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation is seeking public comment on draft regulations that address the opening burning of garbage by households or farms.
Environmentalists are pleased, but New York's farming community disagrees with the recommended changes. WRVO's Katherine Harrington reports.
( DEC officials are withholding commment until completion of the public comment period.)