Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
NYS Proposes Draft Regulation for Opening Burning
By Katherine Harrington
Oswego, NY – The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation is seeking public comment on draft regulations that address the opening burning of garbage by households or farms.
Environmentalists are pleased, but New York's farming community disagrees with the recommended changes. WRVO's Katherine Harrington reports.
( DEC officials are withholding commment until completion of the public comment period.)