Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
NYS Proposes Draft Regulation for Opening Burning
By Katherine Harrington
Oswego, NY – The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation is seeking public comment on draft regulations that address the opening burning of garbage by households or farms.
Environmentalists are pleased, but New York's farming community disagrees with the recommended changes. WRVO's Katherine Harrington reports.
( DEC officials are withholding commment until completion of the public comment period.)