Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
NYS Releases Plan to Clean Up Onondaga Lake
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – Officials with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation have unveiled a 449-million dollar plan to clean up Onondaga Lake near Syracuse.
The proposal would place most of the financial burden on Honeywell International, whose predecessor, Allied Signal, polluted the lake with mercury throughout the 20th century.
Elizabeth Christensen reports that not everyone is thrilled with the new plan.