Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
NYS Unemployment Rate Continues to Rise as Jobs Fall
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A state labor department analyst is giving his take on the latest unemployment figures.
New York's unemployment rate climbed to 7 percent in December. That's the highest rate in almost 15 years. Meanwhile, the number of private sector jobs dropped by 100,000 over the past three months.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Statewide Labor Market Analyst with the New York State Department of Labor, Kevin Jack.