Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
NYS Unemployment Rate Continues to Rise as Jobs Fall
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A state labor department analyst is giving his take on the latest unemployment figures.
New York's unemployment rate climbed to 7 percent in December. That's the highest rate in almost 15 years. Meanwhile, the number of private sector jobs dropped by 100,000 over the past three months.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Statewide Labor Market Analyst with the New York State Department of Labor, Kevin Jack.