Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
NYS Unemployment Rate Continues to Rise as Jobs Fall
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A state labor department analyst is giving his take on the latest unemployment figures.
New York's unemployment rate climbed to 7 percent in December. That's the highest rate in almost 15 years. Meanwhile, the number of private sector jobs dropped by 100,000 over the past three months.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Statewide Labor Market Analyst with the New York State Department of Labor, Kevin Jack.