Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
More News From WRVO
Obama to Address "Sandwich Generation"
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – An advocacy group for New Yorkers 50-years-old and over is watching closely, as President Barack Obama prepares his State of the Union address.
President Obama is scheduled to announce a series of economic initiatives including assistance for the "sandwich generation"...meaning people who are struggling to care for both their children and aging parents.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Legislative Representative for AARP New York, Bill Ferris, about what this means for New York State.