Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
More News From WRVO
Obama to Address "Sandwich Generation"
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – An advocacy group for New Yorkers 50-years-old and over is watching closely, as President Barack Obama prepares his State of the Union address.
President Obama is scheduled to announce a series of economic initiatives including assistance for the "sandwich generation"...meaning people who are struggling to care for both their children and aging parents.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Legislative Representative for AARP New York, Bill Ferris, about what this means for New York State.