Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Obama to Address "Sandwich Generation"
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – An advocacy group for New Yorkers 50-years-old and over is watching closely, as President Barack Obama prepares his State of the Union address.
President Obama is scheduled to announce a series of economic initiatives including assistance for the "sandwich generation"...meaning people who are struggling to care for both their children and aging parents.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Legislative Representative for AARP New York, Bill Ferris, about what this means for New York State.