Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Obama to Address "Sandwich Generation"
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – An advocacy group for New Yorkers 50-years-old and over is watching closely, as President Barack Obama prepares his State of the Union address.
President Obama is scheduled to announce a series of economic initiatives including assistance for the "sandwich generation"...meaning people who are struggling to care for both their children and aging parents.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Legislative Representative for AARP New York, Bill Ferris, about what this means for New York State.