Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Obama Proposes $450 Billion Plan To Get Americans Working
Before a joint session of Congress Thursday night, President Obama outlined what he called "The American Jobs Act," and he repeatedly called on lawmakers to pass it "right away." Among other things, the proposal includes a cut in payroll taxes for both employers and employees.