Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
Obama Proposes $450 Billion Plan To Get Americans Working
Before a joint session of Congress Thursday night, President Obama outlined what he called "The American Jobs Act," and he repeatedly called on lawmakers to pass it "right away." Among other things, the proposal includes a cut in payroll taxes for both employers and employees.