Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Obama Proposes Higher Tax Revenue To Curb Deficit
President Obama's call for $1.5 trillion in tax hikes to reduce the deficit puts him on a collision course with congressional Republicans. Some of Democratic supporters may welcome Obama's newly combative negotiating style, but deficit watchdogs warn his plan falls short in key areas.