Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Olympian John Carlos: No Regrets On Olympic Salute
The long fight against injustice was symbolized by the image from the 1968 Olympics — when two African-American sprinters stood on the medal podium with their heads bowed and single fists thrust into the air. The moment turned the men into outcasts in their own country.