Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Olympian John Carlos: No Regrets On Olympic Salute
The long fight against injustice was symbolized by the image from the 1968 Olympics — when two African-American sprinters stood on the medal podium with their heads bowed and single fists thrust into the air. The moment turned the men into outcasts in their own country.