Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
Olympian John Carlos: No Regrets On Olympic Salute
The long fight against injustice was symbolized by the image from the 1968 Olympics — when two African-American sprinters stood on the medal podium with their heads bowed and single fists thrust into the air. The moment turned the men into outcasts in their own country.