Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
More News From WRVO
Oneida Indian Nation Settles Tax Dispute
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The agreement that settles a 20-year tax dispute between the City of Oneida and the Oneida Indian Nation will likely have a deeper effect on other communities seeking to resolve similar disputes and help settle long standing Indian land claims in New York.
Robert Odawi Porter is Director of the Center for Indigenous Law, Governance and Citizenship at Syracuse University. He spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.