Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Oneida Indian Nation Settles Tax Dispute
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The agreement that settles a 20-year tax dispute between the City of Oneida and the Oneida Indian Nation will likely have a deeper effect on other communities seeking to resolve similar disputes and help settle long standing Indian land claims in New York.
Robert Odawi Porter is Director of the Center for Indigenous Law, Governance and Citizenship at Syracuse University. He spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.