Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Oneida Indian Nation Settles Tax Dispute
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The agreement that settles a 20-year tax dispute between the City of Oneida and the Oneida Indian Nation will likely have a deeper effect on other communities seeking to resolve similar disputes and help settle long standing Indian land claims in New York.
Robert Odawi Porter is Director of the Center for Indigenous Law, Governance and Citizenship at Syracuse University. He spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.