Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
'Onion' Takes Heat From D.C. Police For Hostage Story
The satirical newspaper The Onion is in trouble with the U.S. Capitol Police. The Onion reported gunshots at the capitol Thursday, saying Congressional leaders took schoolchildren hostage and demanding $12 trillion in cash. Police felt obliged to issue a denial. A spokesman says, "There is no credibility" to the stories in the fake newspaper.