Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
'Onion' Takes Heat From D.C. Police For Hostage Story
The satirical newspaper The Onion is in trouble with the U.S. Capitol Police. The Onion reported gunshots at the capitol Thursday, saying Congressional leaders took schoolchildren hostage and demanding $12 trillion in cash. Police felt obliged to issue a denial. A spokesman says, "There is no credibility" to the stories in the fake newspaper.