Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
'Onion' Takes Heat From D.C. Police For Hostage Story
The satirical newspaper The Onion is in trouble with the U.S. Capitol Police. The Onion reported gunshots at the capitol Thursday, saying Congressional leaders took schoolchildren hostage and demanding $12 trillion in cash. Police felt obliged to issue a denial. A spokesman says, "There is no credibility" to the stories in the fake newspaper.