Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Onondaga County going greener by looking at its vehicle fleet
By Ellen Abbott/WRVO
SYRACUSE, NY – Onondaga County is already undertaking several green initiatives under its "Save The Rain" program. A climate action plan is the next big step, as lawmakers look for ways to reduce the county's carbon footprint and save money.
WRVO's Ellen Abbott reports the county is looking at another way to get greener, by saving on its fleet of county vehicles.