Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
More News From WRVO
Onondaga County going greener by looking at its vehicle fleet
By Ellen Abbott/WRVO
SYRACUSE, NY – Onondaga County is already undertaking several green initiatives under its "Save The Rain" program. A climate action plan is the next big step, as lawmakers look for ways to reduce the county's carbon footprint and save money.
WRVO's Ellen Abbott reports the county is looking at another way to get greener, by saving on its fleet of county vehicles.