Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Onondaga Lake Clean Up Interview Series Part One
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The Onondaga Lake Partnership recently received its annual assessment on the clean up of Onondaga Lake. The partnership is a not-for-profit agency set up to direct resources to restore the long-polluted Onondaga Lake.
There are two separate project, one to stop the flow of municipal waste into the lake and the other to remove industrial pollutants from the five-mile lake near Syracuse.
In the first of three interviews, Onondaga County executive Nicholas Pirro discusses the status of the county's role in the lake clean up.