Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Op-Ed: Legality And Wisdom Of Killing Al-Awlaki
An American drone flying over Yemen fired a missile that killed Anwar al-Awlaki, an al-Qaida operative and U.S. citizen. Many hailed the elimination of a man implicated in several terrorist plots. Others wonder how any American citizen can be placed on a death list based on secret intelligence.