Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Openly Gay Award Winner Fights Ugandan Homophobia
Living in Uganda, where homosexuality is a crime, Frank Mugisha advocated for LGBT rights and consequently lost his job, friends and family. He speaks with host Michel Martin about his precarious life there, and what it means to earn the 2011 Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award.