Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Openly Gay Award Winner Fights Ugandan Homophobia
Living in Uganda, where homosexuality is a crime, Frank Mugisha advocated for LGBT rights and consequently lost his job, friends and family. He speaks with host Michel Martin about his precarious life there, and what it means to earn the 2011 Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award.