Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Openly Gay New York National Guard member faces military panel
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – An Army National Guard officer went before a military panel in Syracuse this morning for allegedly violating the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy regarding homosexuals.
Lieutenant Dan Choi's hearing is being held in
Syracuse because it's the headquarters of the 27th Brigade Combat Team, which overseas Choi's New York City-based national guard unit.
Choi a 2003 West Point graduate publically announced in march that he is gay. The California native served in Iraq with the 10th Mountain Division based at Fort Drum.