Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Openly Gay New York National Guard member faces military panel
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – An Army National Guard officer went before a military panel in Syracuse this morning for allegedly violating the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy regarding homosexuals.
Lieutenant Dan Choi's hearing is being held in
Syracuse because it's the headquarters of the 27th Brigade Combat Team, which overseas Choi's New York City-based national guard unit.
Choi a 2003 West Point graduate publically announced in march that he is gay. The California native served in Iraq with the 10th Mountain Division based at Fort Drum.