Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Opponents react to Energy Dept. Decision on Transmission Corridors
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The Bush Administration's decision to designate New York as one of two locations for a National Interest Electric Transmission Corridor is coming under fire from New York's elected officials.
The move would pave the way for New York Regional Interconnect's plan to build a high-voltage power line from Utica to the New York City region.
Community groups are also reacting. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to Paul Miller -- a member of "Communities Against Regional Interconnect.