Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
More News From WRVO
Opponents react to Energy Dept. Decision on Transmission Corridors
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The Bush Administration's decision to designate New York as one of two locations for a National Interest Electric Transmission Corridor is coming under fire from New York's elected officials.
The move would pave the way for New York Regional Interconnect's plan to build a high-voltage power line from Utica to the New York City region.
Community groups are also reacting. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to Paul Miller -- a member of "Communities Against Regional Interconnect.