Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Opponents react to Energy Dept. Decision on Transmission Corridors
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The Bush Administration's decision to designate New York as one of two locations for a National Interest Electric Transmission Corridor is coming under fire from New York's elected officials.
The move would pave the way for New York Regional Interconnect's plan to build a high-voltage power line from Utica to the New York City region.
Community groups are also reacting. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to Paul Miller -- a member of "Communities Against Regional Interconnect.