Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Organic Farming and Good Writing: Scott Chaskey
By David Hollis
Oswego, NY – Scott Chaskey believes good writing comes from the same places as good tomatoes or the best sweet corn: the soil of the organic farm he tends to on Long Island.
Chaskey is the manager of Quail Hill Farm in Amagansett and author of "This Common Ground: Seasons on an Organic Farm" published last year by Viking.
He says writing and farming are very similar as we hear in this report filed by David Hollis.
( David Hollis is a freelance reporter living in Hubbardsville, Madison County.