Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
More News From WRVO
Oswego Theater Renovation
By Mark Lavonier
Oswego, NY – A community theater group in Central New York is reaching out to the public to raise funds for the renovation of the building that they've performed in for nearly 50 years. The Oswego Players' production of "Don't Dress For Dinner" runs two weekends in June for the benefit of the theater project. WRVO's Mark Lavonier spoke with the director of the show, Nelson Metz and the group President Inez Parker to find out more.
More information on the renovation and fundraising efforts which include a raffle to see a Broadway show of choice can be found at area merchants, or by calling Inez at 342-6039. The Oswego Players are based out of the Oswego Civic Arts Center by historic Fort Ontario. Reservations for the show can be made at 343-5138.