Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Paid Family Leave Bill
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – New York's Working Families Party is upset with State Senate Majority Leader Joe Bruno because of his opposition to a measure that would offer paid family leave to workers with a new borne or an ill relative.
In a play on Valentine's Day, the group is extending a "broke heart" valentine to Bruno.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to the party's Executive Director Dan Cantor.