Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Panel Recommends HPV Vaccine For Boys, Too
The vaccine helps protect men against anal and throat cancers that can occur after sexual activity. It may also protect women, indirectly, by reducing transmission of HPV. Public health officials have been trying since 2006 to get parents to have their daughters vaccinated, but rates remain low.