Most Active Stories
- Drum numbers likely dropping – but no cause for alarm
- Syracuse takes "first step" toward seizing old Hotel Syracuse
- Modernized "Music Man" production gives Syracuse student actors new experience
- Congress saves fire hydrants from scrap yard over lead rules
- Cape Vincent tells state: we want decision on wind farm
Panetta, Karzai Meet After Villagers Are Massacred
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is in Afghanistan on a long-planned trip that has turned into something of a fence-mending mission. A U.S. soldier is accused of killing 16 Afghan civilians. That attack is the latest in a series of negative events involving U.S. forces.