Most Active Stories
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
More News From WRVO
Pataki Overspent on 2002 Campaign
By Amy Cavalier
Albany, NY – Governor George Pataki is appealing to past contributors to help him wipe out a debt of $305 thousand.
The money was spent during his 2002 race for governor.
The race was the most expensive non-presidnetial campaign in American history, due in large part of massive spending by independent billionaire Thomas Golisano.
Pataki spent more than $44 million on his campaign. He's asking "Friends of Pataki" to help him pay off his debts.
He must pay off that debt by the end of the month.