Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Pataki Overspent on 2002 Campaign
By Amy Cavalier
Albany, NY – Governor George Pataki is appealing to past contributors to help him wipe out a debt of $305 thousand.
The money was spent during his 2002 race for governor.
The race was the most expensive non-presidnetial campaign in American history, due in large part of massive spending by independent billionaire Thomas Golisano.
Pataki spent more than $44 million on his campaign. He's asking "Friends of Pataki" to help him pay off his debts.
He must pay off that debt by the end of the month.