Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
Pataki Overspent on 2002 Campaign
By Amy Cavalier
Albany, NY – Governor George Pataki is appealing to past contributors to help him wipe out a debt of $305 thousand.
The money was spent during his 2002 race for governor.
The race was the most expensive non-presidnetial campaign in American history, due in large part of massive spending by independent billionaire Thomas Golisano.
Pataki spent more than $44 million on his campaign. He's asking "Friends of Pataki" to help him pay off his debts.
He must pay off that debt by the end of the month.