Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
More News From WRVO
Pataki Overspent on 2002 Campaign
By Amy Cavalier
Albany, NY – Governor George Pataki is appealing to past contributors to help him wipe out a debt of $305 thousand.
The money was spent during his 2002 race for governor.
The race was the most expensive non-presidnetial campaign in American history, due in large part of massive spending by independent billionaire Thomas Golisano.
Pataki spent more than $44 million on his campaign. He's asking "Friends of Pataki" to help him pay off his debts.
He must pay off that debt by the end of the month.