Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Pay equity advocates take action
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – Advocates for pay equity in New York have delivered over 2,000 petition signatures to Governor Spitzer and Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno in an effort to protect women and minorities from pay discrimination.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with New York State Pay Equity Coalition's Education Coordinator, Barbara Smith about the legislation she is pushing for.