Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Around the Nation
PayPal Glitch Makes Pa. Man Very Rich
Originally published on Thu July 18, 2013 7:45 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
For a moment, Chris Reynolds was the world's richest man. The Pennsylvania resident checked his PayPal account, expecting a zero balance. Instead he found a credit of more than $92 quadrillion. That 17-digit figure did revert back to zero when PayPal corrected the glitch. Still, a guy can dream. As to how he would have spent the money, Reynolds said: Payoff the national debt, then maybe buy the Phillies.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.