Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Peace and enlightenment through Buddhist meditation
Some Central New Yorkers, including students at SUNY Oswego, are looking for peace and enlightenment through practicing Buddhist meditation.
The monks at the Zen Center in Syracuse teach courses in Zen meditation in an atmosphere of dim lighting and incense. One of those monks visited SUNY Oswego once a week during the spring semester to teach students how to meditate through silence and chanting.
WRVO's Gina Clawson spoke to Zen students and teachers and produced this audio postcard.