Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Peace and enlightenment through Buddhist meditation
Some Central New Yorkers, including students at SUNY Oswego, are looking for peace and enlightenment through practicing Buddhist meditation.
The monks at the Zen Center in Syracuse teach courses in Zen meditation in an atmosphere of dim lighting and incense. One of those monks visited SUNY Oswego once a week during the spring semester to teach students how to meditate through silence and chanting.
WRVO's Gina Clawson spoke to Zen students and teachers and produced this audio postcard.