Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Peace and enlightenment through Buddhist meditation
Some Central New Yorkers, including students at SUNY Oswego, are looking for peace and enlightenment through practicing Buddhist meditation.
The monks at the Zen Center in Syracuse teach courses in Zen meditation in an atmosphere of dim lighting and incense. One of those monks visited SUNY Oswego once a week during the spring semester to teach students how to meditate through silence and chanting.
WRVO's Gina Clawson spoke to Zen students and teachers and produced this audio postcard.