Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Peace and enlightenment through Buddhist meditation
Some Central New Yorkers, including students at SUNY Oswego, are looking for peace and enlightenment through practicing Buddhist meditation.
The monks at the Zen Center in Syracuse teach courses in Zen meditation in an atmosphere of dim lighting and incense. One of those monks visited SUNY Oswego once a week during the spring semester to teach students how to meditate through silence and chanting.
WRVO's Gina Clawson spoke to Zen students and teachers and produced this audio postcard.