Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Peace and enlightenment through Buddhist meditation
Some Central New Yorkers, including students at SUNY Oswego, are looking for peace and enlightenment through practicing Buddhist meditation.
The monks at the Zen Center in Syracuse teach courses in Zen meditation in an atmosphere of dim lighting and incense. One of those monks visited SUNY Oswego once a week during the spring semester to teach students how to meditate through silence and chanting.
WRVO's Gina Clawson spoke to Zen students and teachers and produced this audio postcard.