Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Photo: Season's First Big Snow Hits Denver
Here's a picture that will remind the rest of the country that winter will soon be upon us:
That picture was taken this morning and posted to Flickr by Pam Morris in Denver, Colo. As she says, the season's first snow is about a week late. The Weather Channel says some parts of Colorado could see up to eight inches of snow and it follows days of record heat.
As you may know, President Obama is also in Denver, today. Here's the pool report from his arrival, which highlights the snow:
Motorcare rolling at 9:45 am, in snow falling somewhere between gently and driving, over the few blocks to the Auraria Events Center on the University of Colorado Denver campus. Nothing on the steets except police and drifts of snow.