Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Physics Nobelists Observed An Accelerating Universe
In 1998, two teams of physicists looking at distant supernovae noticed something surprising--the supernovae were not only moving outwards but also accelerating. These observations have won three Americans the 2011 Nobel Prize in physics. Nobelist Adam Riess discusses how physicists are now looking at the universe.