Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Around the Nation
Pirate Gathering In Virginia Doesn't Come Close To Record
Originally published on Mon September 23, 2013 10:35 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene with news of the Pirates falling short. No, not the baseball team, thank goodness. We're talking about International Pirate Day in Newport News, Virginia. Thousands in costumes turned up at The Mariners' Museum. They wanted to break the Guinness record for largest pirate gathering. But shiver me timbers, they fell short and not just by few wooden legs. The museum might give it another heave-ho next year.
Argh, its MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.