Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
The Poor Better Off 15 Years After Welfare Reform?
President Bill Clinton signed a historic overhaul of the nation's welfare system into law on Aug. 22, 1996. Now, some states are seeing drops in welfare cases even as the the U.S.' unemployment rate spiked. That's according to a new Urban Institute report. Host Michel Martin explores the past and present state of welfare with activist Barbara Ehrenreich and former RNC Chairman Michael Steele.