Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
The Poor Better Off 15 Years After Welfare Reform?
President Bill Clinton signed a historic overhaul of the nation's welfare system into law on Aug. 22, 1996. Now, some states are seeing drops in welfare cases even as the the U.S.' unemployment rate spiked. That's according to a new Urban Institute report. Host Michel Martin explores the past and present state of welfare with activist Barbara Ehrenreich and former RNC Chairman Michael Steele.