Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Portion Of Obama Jobs Bill Would Update School Buildings
President Obama's road trip to push his jobs bill takes him to North Carolina Wednesday. It's the third election battleground state the president has visited in less than a week. He's promoting his plan to prop up the economy with $447 billion in tax cuts and new government spending. Some of that money would go to refurbish outdated school buildings. Obama stressed that idea during a stop in Columbus, Ohio, Tuesday.