Most Active Stories
- Beginning of college marks transition period for students and parents
- North Country lawmaker, group, working to save Fort Drum jobs
- Syracuse University named top campus for LGBT students
- Classic midway prize missing from this year's state fair
- Teachout blasts Time Warner-Comcast merger, says she would stop it if elected
-Nature of Things
Preparing For Winter in the Wild
John Weeks discusses deep winter weathers that arrive around times of the year like this one. Animals have to face severe conditions to survive in these cold harsh winters. The sub-freezing temperatures characterize the weather conditions upstate New York. Seasonal shedding is an annoyance to pet owners but it is an adaption to this weather. Wild animals find way to adapt to the weather too. Just like we have clothing that helps us adapt to weather, animals too have natural adaptions to weather that help them prepare for the seasons to come.
This episode of Nature of Things was originally aired December 14th, 1990.