Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
It's All Politics
On Primary Day In South Carolina, Even Weddings Get Political
Originally published on Sat January 21, 2012 6:50 pm
There are water fountains, park benches, churches and expensive restaurants and then there are presidential candidates' headquarters, now making the list of places to take wedding photos.
Especially if you're a part of this wedding party getting hitched on primary day in South Carolina.
NPR's Don Gonyea tweeted this photo of the bride and her bridesmaids while preparing to cover the results of Saturday's first-in-the-South vote.
The wedding couple are holding their service in a chapel next door to Santorum's headquarters, which is on the campus of Citadel in Charleston. In a state currently in the spotlight of the GOP presidential primary race, even they couldn't resist adding a political backdrop to their wedding day album.