Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
It's All Politics
Pro-Obama SuperPAC Hits Romney On Auto Bailout In Michigan Ad
Priorities USA Action, a superPAC backing President Obama, has unveiled a new ad running in Michigan in advance of that state's GOP primary next week. It takes former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney to task for opposing the auto industry bailout.
Both Romney and his leading GOP opponent, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, opposed the bailout. But it has been more of an issue for Romney given his family ties to Michigan's auto industry. (His late father, former Gov. George Romney, used to lead American Motors.)
And the spot implicitly reminds Michigan voters that Obama backed the bailout, which was first proposed by President George W. Bush.