Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Proposal to Sell Wine in Supermarkets Has Liquor Store Owners Concerned
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – As Governor David Paterson and state lawmakers work to offset the state's massive budget deficit, a proposal is under consideration to allow wine to be sold in New York grocery stores.
The move is in an effort to generate revenue for the state through increasing wine sales and franchise fees, but this has some liquor store owners questioning their future. WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher has this story.