Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- School closings and delays for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Provocative Read: 10 'More Important' Events Than The Sept. 11 Attacks
As the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks nears, news outlets and blogs are taking their turns at anniversary stories.
Foreign Policy offers this from blogger/author David J. Rothkopf: "10 events that were more important than 9/11." Counting down, Rothkopf says they are:
There are probably 10, 20, 30 or more events and trends we all could come up with — or most of us might end up disagreeing with Rothkopf and making the case that the attacks indeed are the most important event of the past 10 years. Feel free to discuss in the comments thread.