Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Provocative Read: 10 'More Important' Events Than The Sept. 11 Attacks
As the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks nears, news outlets and blogs are taking their turns at anniversary stories.
Foreign Policy offers this from blogger/author David J. Rothkopf: "10 events that were more important than 9/11." Counting down, Rothkopf says they are:
There are probably 10, 20, 30 or more events and trends we all could come up with — or most of us might end up disagreeing with Rothkopf and making the case that the attacks indeed are the most important event of the past 10 years. Feel free to discuss in the comments thread.