Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
Public Forum: journalists weigh pros and cons of open data
In this open panel discussion, journalists weighed the pros and cons of open data. Featured in this discussion is: Dan Pacheco, professor and chair of Journalism Innovation (Journovation) at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications; Matt Bernius, Hacks/Hackers of Rochester; Catherine Loper, news and public affairs director at WRVO Public Media; and Matthew Leonard (off screen), editor of the Innovation Trail journalism collaboration.
You can also view the Hacks/Hackers presentation from the event.