Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
Public meeting on Route 370 bridge renovation
New York State Department of Transportation officials want to find out what the public thinks about the renovation of a much used bridge in Onondaga County. There are a few options to consider when it comes to redoing the bridge on Route 370 over the Seneca River.
DOT spokesman Gene Cilento says there are basically two options: using precast panels to replace the deck or pouring a new concrete deck.
"The difference between the two is cost and how long the bridge will be closed. Using the precast panels, the construction time is sped up between four to six weeks of full closure, and using the poured concrete that's about a twelve week closure," Cilento said.
Either way, the project will begin next year. Closure of the bridge will affect people in several communities. Thirteen thousand vehicles cross the bridge that connects the towns of Lysander and Salina.
Cilento says the DOT will take into account public comments on the project, expected at an open house starting at 5:00 pm today at the Liverpool Elks Lodge.
The Upstate Economy