Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Public Radio's Karen DeWitt Interviews New York Governor Eliot Spitzer (Part 1)
By Karen Dewitt
Albany, NY – State budget talks are apparently at a stalemate between Governor Spitzer and Senate Majority Leader Joesph Bruno.
Bruno...a Republican...wants to spend more on school aid for some wealthier but heavily taxed suburban school districts.
Governor Spitzer sat down with Capitol Bureau Correspondent Karen DeWitt Tuesday to discuss the "state of the budget" and other issues.