Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Pumpkin Patrol Keeps Motorists Safe
By Elizabeth Christensen
Liverpool, NY –
Amateur Repeater clubs from all over the state staked out bridges and Thruway overpasses last night, making sure that pranksters didn't throw pumpkins and other objects down onto passing motorists.
Bob Hamby, Pumpkin Patrol Director for the Liverpool Amateur Repeater club, says a thrown pumpkin can cause serious damage to a vehicle traveling at highway speed.
He says the HAM operators don't apprehend potential vandals, but they are in constant contact with New York State Troopers on patrol.
The HAM operators didn't report any serious incidents last night.