Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Pumpkin Patrol Keeps Motorists Safe
By Elizabeth Christensen
Liverpool, NY –
Amateur Repeater clubs from all over the state staked out bridges and Thruway overpasses last night, making sure that pranksters didn't throw pumpkins and other objects down onto passing motorists.
Bob Hamby, Pumpkin Patrol Director for the Liverpool Amateur Repeater club, says a thrown pumpkin can cause serious damage to a vehicle traveling at highway speed.
He says the HAM operators don't apprehend potential vandals, but they are in constant contact with New York State Troopers on patrol.
The HAM operators didn't report any serious incidents last night.