Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Quakes Rattle Southern Colorado, Northern New Mexico
"The largest earthquake to strike Colorado in almost 40 years" shook buildings but apparently caused little damage late last night, Denver's ABC 7 News reports. A few homes may have been damaged and some rock slides were reported.
It was a 5.3 magnitude temblor and the epicenter was "about 180 miles south of Denver."
The shaking hasn't stopped, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. It counts 12 earthquakes of 2.1-magnitude or greater in the same area since Monday afternoon.