Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Randy Wenner wins Regional Murrow Award
In November, we featured a story by Randy Wenner about a GE prototype from central New York that was sent to the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. for preservation. It was announced today by the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) that Wenner won a 2013 Regional Edward R. Murrow Award.
"Locally developed GE prototype goes to Smithsonian" won in the "Use of Sound" category among other "Small Market Radio" stations in our region.
Because of this regional win, Wenner's story is now under consideration for a national Murrow award. Details on the national awards will be out later this fall.
Our congratulations to Randy.