Most Active Stories
- Offshore wind energy faces setbacks in Great Lakes
- Fireman's Association says leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals
- Severe storms kill 3 people in Madison County, damage homes, cause power outages throughout region
- Susan Wood and Thomas Drake on The Campbell Conversations
- Red to green: Syracuse working to upgrade traffic signal system
Randy Wenner wins Regional Murrow Award
In November, we featured a story by Randy Wenner about a GE prototype from central New York that was sent to the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. for preservation. It was announced today by the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) that Wenner won a 2013 Regional Edward R. Murrow Award.
"Locally developed GE prototype goes to Smithsonian" won in the "Use of Sound" category among other "Small Market Radio" stations in our region.
Because of this regional win, Wenner's story is now under consideration for a national Murrow award. Details on the national awards will be out later this fall.
Our congratulations to Randy.