Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Randy Wenner wins Regional Murrow Award
In November, we featured a story by Randy Wenner about a GE prototype from central New York that was sent to the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. for preservation. It was announced today by the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) that Wenner won a 2013 Regional Edward R. Murrow Award.
"Locally developed GE prototype goes to Smithsonian" won in the "Use of Sound" category among other "Small Market Radio" stations in our region.
Because of this regional win, Wenner's story is now under consideration for a national Murrow award. Details on the national awards will be out later this fall.
Our congratulations to Randy.