Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Reality TV Turning Young Girls Into Fame Monsters?
The new film The Ides of March is getting criticism for how it's portraying a female reporter. Also, the Girl Scouts' new report looks at how 1,000 teen and pre-teen girls across America feel about reality TV. How may all these images affect women and girls' self-percerptions? Michel Martin speaks with the Beauty Shop ladies: Girl Scouts USA's Kimberlee Salmond, The Detroit News TV Critic Mekeisha Madden Toby, and Linda Holmes, who writes and edits NPR's entertainment and pop culture blog.