Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Reality TV Turning Young Girls Into Fame Monsters?
The new film The Ides of March is getting criticism for how it's portraying a female reporter. Also, the Girl Scouts' new report looks at how 1,000 teen and pre-teen girls across America feel about reality TV. How may all these images affect women and girls' self-percerptions? Michel Martin speaks with the Beauty Shop ladies: Girl Scouts USA's Kimberlee Salmond, The Detroit News TV Critic Mekeisha Madden Toby, and Linda Holmes, who writes and edits NPR's entertainment and pop culture blog.