Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Reality TV Turning Young Girls Into Fame Monsters?
The new film The Ides of March is getting criticism for how it's portraying a female reporter. Also, the Girl Scouts' new report looks at how 1,000 teen and pre-teen girls across America feel about reality TV. How may all these images affect women and girls' self-percerptions? Michel Martin speaks with the Beauty Shop ladies: Girl Scouts USA's Kimberlee Salmond, The Detroit News TV Critic Mekeisha Madden Toby, and Linda Holmes, who writes and edits NPR's entertainment and pop culture blog.