Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
Red Sox Rock The White House With Flag Jacket And Presidential Selfie
As it turned out, Gomes was the only player who ended up coming decked out in red, white and blue. He certainly stood out as President Obama honored last year's World Series champions.
Reporters covering the event say the Red Sox gave the president a jacket just like the one Gomes was wearing.
Gomes said after the event that the president "approved" of his attire. "He looked me right in the eyes and said, 'Nice jacket,' " Gomes told the Boston Globe's Matt Viser and other reporters.
Meanwhile, the irrepressible designated hitter baseman David Ortiz got the president to pose for a group selfie with an "Obama" Red Sox jersey.