Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
In Redistricting, Where Do 50 Million Latinos Fit?
As states across the U.S. are redrawing their district lines to account for changing populations, some groups, like the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, are pushing for majority-Latino districts. MALDEF says such districts will boost Latinos' political power, but others say it'll bring limited influence. Host Michel Martin speaks with MALDEF President Thomas Saenz and Center for Equal Opportunity Chair Linda Chavez.