Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
-Nature of Things
Reminiscing About Gardens
John Weeks discusses his mediocre gardening ability and the grief it often causes him. Still, Weeks continues to garden every year. Why? Weeks claims it's because of his fond memories of gardening and small town life in his formative years. Weeks goes on to explain the benefits of gardening. "I genuinely believe that a society in which human concerns become paramount to the exclusion of concern to natural community is seriously flawed - if not doomed," explains Weeks. Gardening help Weeks keep in touch with this natural community.
Originally aired on July 20, 1984.