Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Rep. Giffords Speaks: Feels 'Pretty Good,' She Tells ABC
Originally published on Fri November 11, 2011 11:41 am
For the many Americans who have been following the story of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) as she recovers from being shot in the head last January, there's now a chance to briefly hear her voice.
She feels "pretty good," Giffords has told ABC News' Diane Sawyer, although things are still "difficult."
The network aired reports on Thursday's World News with Diane Sawyer and today's Good Morning America. They include photos and videos of Giffords at various stages of her recovery. ABC is scheduled to have much more on Monday at 10 p.m. ET in a special edition of 20/20.
The congresswoman and her husband, Mark Kelly, are doing some interviews in advance of Tuesday's official release of his book Gabby: A Story of Courage and Hope, for which Giffords has written a page. In it, she vows "I will return" to Congress.