Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Report: Truck With Obama's Teleprompter Stolen
"A truck filled with President Obama's podiums and audio equipment," including a teleprompter from which he reads prepared remarks and the presidential seal he stands behind, was stolen from a hotel parking lot in Henrico, Va., on Monday, local WWBT-TV reports.
The vehicle was discovered a short time later outside another local hotel. The TV station says it isn't yet known whether everything inside was recovered.
An unnamed "Defense Information Systems Agency" spokesperson tells the station that "no classified or sensitive information was in the vehicle."
We'll leave it to others (that means you, commenters) to speculate about how going without his teleprompter might affect the president (or most any politician, for that matter). It's safe to say, though, that a backup teleprompter is probably always available.
The president is in the middle of a bus tour through North Carolina and Virginia.