Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Reports: U.S. To Resume Talks With North Korea, Appoint New Envoy
"The United States will hold a fresh round of talks with North Korea on its nuclear weapons program next week and appoint a new full-time envoy as its seeks to deepen its engagement with the reclusive regime," U.S. officials and a Washington-based foreign diplomat tell The Associated Press.
ABC News adds that "a senior State Department official" says "U.S. Special Representative for North Korea Policy Stephen Bosworth is leaving the administration" and that "Glyn Davies, U.S. envoy to the International Atomic Energy Agency in Vienna, will take his place."
And CNN reports that "Davies ... will be in Geneva, Switzerland, next week to meet with North Korean counterpart Kim Kye-gwan in an effort to resume the six-party talks, diplomatic officials said."