Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Retail Sales And Wholesale Prices Unchanged In August
A sharp drop in energy costs helped keep prices at the wholesale level unchanged in August vs. July, the Bureau of Labor Statistics just reported.
According to BLS, while food costs went up 1.1 percent, energy costs fell 1 percent.
Still, over the 13 months ended Aug. 31 the producer price index rose 6.5 percent, BLS added.
Also this hour, the Census Bureau reported that "retail and food services sales" were "virtually unchanged" in August vs. July — but were up 7.2 percent from August 2010.